ACER E15 touchpad sensitivity

Options
jethroc
jethroc Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi there --  I having great difficulty in finding an answer to the problem of de-sensitising my wife's E15 laptop touchpad,  At various times the pointer just jumps around without the touchpad being touched.

I have read various replies , but none recently, some date back to windows 7.  I am running Windows 10 --- which is great --- and my laptop is a Samsung which uses SYNAPTICS, which I can adjust.

Any current remedies will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks  

jethroc

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Go to Control panel, Hardware and sound, click Mouse, go to Pointer Options tab, untick the "Enhance pointer precision" box, see whether it fixes the problem.

Capture.JPG

• jethroc
    Options

Hi there ---  Many thanks to brummyfan2, I have carried out your suggestions and have been using laptop, which seems to be better, however would like to see how it goes.

Many thanks,    Jethroc

• jethroc
    Options

Hi Brummyfan --- Sorry to report that this afternoon my wife was on a wbsite and the complete screen just jumped across suddenly to the left of the screen, almost as quick as it moved it jumped back.  Then the cursor just froze.

We have only had this E15 Aspire since November and the keypad has been a PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE almost every day!!!!!!    I accept I should have taken this back for replacement, but the truth is this is the second laptop the store supplied.  Fortunately I have taken out an extende warranty so I hope the firm that handles this will sort it out.

From what I have gleaned in all this it would seem that ACER should have fitted a SYNAPTICS keypad, still thereby hangs another tale.

Here's to hoping I can get this sorted otherwise it is heading for file 13-- yes the BIN!!--.

Many thanks  Jethroc

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

It's a nice laptop don't bin it Smiley Wink, I would ask you to give this a try, go to Settings(click start then the wheel), select Devices, click Touchpad from left pane, adjust the speed of the cursor, untick "Pinch to zoom", scroll down the page and click "Advanced gesture configuration", try changing or selecting "Nothing" for features you don't need.

Capture2.JPGCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG