ACER ASPIRE ES1-511-C83X WINDOWS 7 INSTALLATION

Options
arunmj123
arunmj123 Member Posts: 1 New User

For the last couple of days I've been trying to install Windows 7 64-bit on my new ACER Aspire E15 [es1-511-c83x] that came with Windows 8.1  preinstalled. It  supports UEFI and LEGACY boot options settings in BIOS utility.

When I try to boot it from the Win 7 DVD it’s hanging on “Starting Windows”  logo screen after the files are loaded and the system is halted.I tried to run it in “Safe mode with Command prompt” and it stops at:

Loading Windows Files:

Loaded: ...\system32\drivers\disk.sys

When I start the installation from Win 8.1 interface and choose disk partition that was created with Win 8.1 I’m getting this message:

“The partitions on the disk selected for installation are not in recommended order. For additional information about installing to GPT disks go to the Microsoft website and search for GPT. Do you want to proceed with installation?”

If I go ahead it’s hanging again on “Loaded: ...\system32\drivers\disk.sys” after the system is rebooted.

I want to install windows 7 along with my Win8.1 with UEFI and GPT. I thing from windows 7, these configuration will work.

Do I have any other options?

Answers