ACER ASPIRE E1-731-4699 GREY CIRCLE TO DO WITH TOUCH PAD AND POINTER

Options
sjbarrientos
sjbarrientos Member Posts: 4 New User

I HAVE A GREY SMALL CIRCLE THAT APPEARS WHENEVER I TOUCH TOUCH PAD AND SCROLL ON ANY PAGE. SEEMS TO DEFINITELY BE CONNECTED TO THE SENSITIVITY OF TOUCH PAD, BUT IT APPEARS CONSTANTLY. I THOUGHT IT HAD TO DO WITH ANY TIME MY WRISTS WOULD TOUCH THE LOWER EDGE OF COMPUTER, AND IT DOES SEEM RELATED TO THAT ALSO BUT LATELY IT HAS REALLY GOTTEN TO BE A CONSTANT THING. I HAVE A PICTURE OF IT IF I AM ABLE TO ATTACH IT. WAS ABLE TO INSERT A PICTURE OF THE CIRCLE. WELL THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND IT MOVES ALL OVER THE DESKTOP ALONG WITH MY MOUSE SCROLLING, ETC.  THANK YOU TO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME WITH THIS.

circle 2 cropped.jpg

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

It could be the chiral scrolling feature, I don't know how to disable that feature(if it's available in your touchpad) but you could try either using System Restore to a previous date when it was working fine or rollback the touchpad driver to the previous version, could you please post the details of your touchpad and the current version of your driver, get it from Device Manager( preferably a snip of your Device manager, Mice and Other pointing devices expanded)).

Edit:

Try diasbling the feature and see whether it fixes the problem, here in this video, he is enabling the feature, you need to reverse the procedure to disable:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sCzAzqPA7M

• sjbarrientos
    Options

Hello, thank you for responding to my post. I watched the YouTube video, and attempted to follow and do my self what it suggested. Honestly, I had a frustrating and difficult time, (a long time I should add). I am not super computer savy when it comes to maintenance and other related issues.

As far as my driver details, this is all I could come up with, Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad

Driver date: 1/9/2013

Driver version: 16.3.4.4

I'm sorry, I am really not much help. And I am unsure of just what you need from me.

Can you be more specific, explaining how I would go about getting any info you might need?

Thank you again.

• sjbarrientos
    Options

Specifically this statement/question from you, "could you please post the details of your touchpad and the current version of your driver, get it from Device Manager( preferably a snip of your Device manager, Mice and Other pointing devices expanded))."

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

It's OK, I was merely telling you to where to look for driver details, go to Acer driver support site:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/4914?b=1

Download Synaptics driver version 19.0.9.7

Go to Device manager(right click windows logo at bottom left), expand Mice and Other pointing Devices, right click Synaptics, select Properties, go to Driver tab and Uninstall.

Without restarting the laptop install the downloaded driver and see whether it fixes the problem.

Capture.JPG