2nd HDD caddy for aspire E1-572g

Mimmo
Mimmo Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've replaced the original HDD with an SSD almost 2 years ago and i tried to install a 2nd hdd caddy into the slot where normally is installed the dvd drive (my laptop came without dvd drive) because at the bottom of it there is a connector. Well, after many attempts i surrendered because the system didn't want to boot when the caddy was in. Now, after 2 years, i'm doing new upgrades to my laptop and i want to ask you if someone could help me in finding a compatible caddy or in finding a solution with my old one. 

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Did you buy this HDD caddy?

France
  • Mimmo

No, i bought a compatible one from ebay. Do you suggest to buy this one?

• laurent_14

Yes because you have a support but the shipping cost for your country is expensive. I don't know why.

France
  • Mimmo

It doesn't matter, if it works. What about the bezel and the back screw bracket? Without the original dvd drive i've not these parts. Anyway thank you for the replies!

• laurent_14

Well I can give you the part numbers of the bezel, bracket and needed screws if you want. Smiley Happy

France
  • Mimmo

Thank you very much man but i've just seen prices of single parts and they cost more than the caddy Smiley Frustrated

I'll buy the caddy and will find an alternative to the original parts. Thank you again and have a good day.

• laurent_14

Hello,

You're welcome. Stupid questions Smiley Happy:

1. Did you create the factory recovery media?
    2. Did you install the original HDD in the caddy?
    3. Do you see it in the bios setup utility?
    4. If yes, did you wipe this one with e.g. Diskpart?
    France