Trouble with Aspire F5-573G boot

Options
jemarc
jemarc Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello to all!

Recently I acquired an Aspire F5-573G with Windows 10 Home (I bought it less than one month ago, actually). During about one week and a half it worked perfectly. However, from that point on, it began freezing every time at Acer's splashscreen, even before that revolving little wheel comes up at the bottom. But if I turn the notebook off by holding the power button for some seconds and turn it on again right away, it starts nicely, without any problem. This happens every single time I turn the computer on, but never when I restart it by Windows.

I even got chat support by Acer for my problem and, following the instructions, I took these measures: I've tried the power reset (more than one time, reminding that in this model the battery is not removable); I've restored the original bios settings; I've had a memory scan and found nothing; and Windows has been completely updated. Next step in the list (told me by the chat attendant) would be using the Acer Care Center tool for full system restablishment - which implies formating the computer, someting I'm (still) not willing to do.

One interesting thing is that, apart from this nuisance, the computer works perfectly (and is really fast, indeed).

Could anyone enlighten me? With a guess that, for now, doesn't imply having to format the computer... Smiley Very Happy

P.S.: My problem is actually pretty like this one (http://community.acer.com/t5/E-F-V-and-M-Series-Laptops/F5-573G-boot-issues/m-p/516544#M19232), and it bugs me that this poor soul couldn't find a proper solution...

Answers