Monitor start to work only when tilted

Options
SkyLuke
SkyLuke Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good evening everybody,

I'm having some problems with the monitor of my Aspire v15 Nitro (VN7-591G). What happen is that the monitor appears completely dark when laptop is started with the display tilted to 90° and appears to work only if tilted to an angle of less than 45° (more or less). If the laptop is started and the monitor is not tilted to this low angle it appears just plain black. I than need to do a restart, put it in the tilted position, and suddenly it starts to work. 

Windows and startup run smoothly, it's just the monitor giving issues. 

It happens also when it goes to stand-by mode, I again need to tilt the display to make it works but with no need for a restart in this case. Sometimes happen that the display resolution is also automatically lowered.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks,

L. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,131 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

It could be the loose/damaged display cable, you could try reinserting it properly or if it's damaged, get a replacement.

• SkyLuke
    Options

I've tried reinserting the cable but the problem is still there. I don't see any damage on it but I can't say for sure without trying a replacement.. Sometimes it appears as the computer at startup doesn't recognize the monitor at all until I "unplug" the battery with the reset button and do a restart in the tilted position.  

Can I check something else?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,131 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling the display driver? Did you check for any damage on the cable?

You could try connecting to an external display with HDMI cable to make sure that the screen is faulty.

• SkyLuke
    Options

Hi,

Yes, I've tried with the display driver but the problem is still there.. The cable looks fine, no clear damage is visible but I guess the only way to be 100% sure would be replacing it (since it's wrapped in a protection "case" and to open it would mean destroy the case itself). Unfortunately I'm not really used to this thing so correct me if I'm wrong.  

An external monitor works only from time to time.

I've tried connecting it to the laptop while the monitor is not working and it doesn't seem to receive any signals.

It also got stuck on the acer logo page at startup a couple of times.

It gets stuck on black screens or acer page quite often and several restart are needed to make it work, even if I tilt the monitor at startup.

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

It's not very difficult to change the screen in your model, follow the procedure in the video attached and familiarise yourself with it, buy a screen like a B156HAN01.2 or any compatible models down the page in the link provided, install it yourself.

If you are not happy doing by yourself, get it installed by a professional in a local repair shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfnYlJT6L0

http://www.panelook.com/B156HAN01.2_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_19049.html