warranty help

Options
empire
empire Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Black AX3400G-U4802 Desktop PC

Bought january 31,2011

In 2012, the computer started having problems[ internel high rev sounds, but more  troublesome: spontaneously shutting off.

By  2013, the spontaneous  shutting off was going on every hour. sometimes every 10 minutes. i did reformtaint,etc, nothing worked.

By  mid..2013,the computer was too much to tolerate. 

i called support one time in 2012,they said the computer was out of warranty.

$400 bucks with no monitor for less than 2 years.

What is ACER going to do?  

Pleae dont insult me and say i can pay to have it repaired.

Answers

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Sorry but seems that like most Manufactures, unless you buy extended Warranty, (which i never do) Warranty is 1yr. now to see if we can help. Internal Hi Rev Sounds.... is that the HDD or DVD. or a FAN. Fan can cause HEAT which will (shut down the computer) you might take the covers off the Computer, then look inside and see a. how much lint is on all the parts. b. fans can stop if to much lint, cat hair, general dust... buildup in the CPU Heat Sink. c. unplug the DVD - you can always plug back later d. take the unit to a local gas station or service station and use the AIR HOSE to clean it out... beware of a monster cloud when you do....
  • empire
    empire Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

[on a scale of 1-10, 10 a computer expert, i would be a 5]

i have doen that, carefully cleaned out all dust.

many full reformarts, to rid any viruses,etc

the computer was used for light,daily internet usage

the computer shuts abrutly shuts off from a couple of minutes to a half hour. i went months with that condition trying to resolve it.  The DVD drive never worked properly from day 1. that never bthered me because i did not have to use it much.

this was my second acer. first one was in the 90s--not sure what happen to it.

i have and still have and still work,4 old computers: 1 HPs,a Compaq,a Kmart Bluelight computer,a Radio Shack. ALL

have lasted more than 2 years. going on  7-17 years .  The Radio Shack is windows 3.1, that still works.

Any computer that lasts  just 2 years, is a lemon. If Acer wants me to buy another Acer someday,

they should show some customer service--or i will never buy ACER again.

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have seen many Computers that do not last 1 yr, I have seen computer that last many years, so that part is mute and null. If your a 5 on 10 being Expert, then you should know that. Not everyting is CREATED EQUAL. and knowledge is also that way... I do not consider my self an Expert but i also have 19 yrs as my own Computer Business, and have been retired now for 16 yrs... I work on Computer via Forums, and Friends for FREE. so if you have did all the proper CLEANING, what else have you checked, and replaced if needed to validate what is wrong, experts would also remove the mobo and check all the solder joints, then check all the capacitors for any defects, and if any was found, replaced, then retested.. also if the DVD did not work properly did you UNPLUG it an leave it unplugged. have you checked the power switch, have you checked all the power plugs, maybe the PSU is defective full of dirt/dust/lint - woops you said you cleaned all that...(sorry). so many things that should be checked that you never mentioned. and If you were unable to RESOLVE the problem, then did you take it to a SHOP/Computer Expert to have it fixed... Now if the DVD never worked Proper from DAY 1, why did you not get a REPLACMENT. Did you ask for a RMA, or take back to where you purchased.
This discussion has been closed.