at3605-ur22 video card upgrade

jmollila
jmollila Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently purchased a at3605-ur22 desktop. Since it only has onboard video, I wanted to upgrade. Would a Galaxy MDT GeForce GT 610 be compatible? From what I've read so far, it sounds like there might be issues with the psu supporting this card.

Answers

• nosscar
    nosscar Member Posts: 15 New User

looking at your machine, if it is the one with the i7 cpu, looks like the onboard graphics are better than the gt 610.

check this link.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1438&gid2=1312&compare=intel-hd-graphics-4600-desktop-vs-geforce-gt-610-galaxy-2gb-gc-edition

But looks like the yours is a 300w psu, which would just handle the gt 610, but hardly worth it as it's not as good as the on board one.

The main things to consider is getting a card powerfull enough to complement your cpu for gaming. ie: powerfull enough so as to be able to run the latest games whilst one is not bottlenecking the other. If your pc has the  Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor, then that is a decent cpu for gaming and should run most games. I would go for at least a gtx 560 or above. But for that you need to check your PSU, you would need at least a good 500w with min 30 amps (40 or above amps total is better) on 1 or 2 +12v rails to run it. And also 2x 6 pin pci cables from it. (depending on which card). Also then you would need to check the psu and card physically fit into the case. All you need on the motherboard is a spare pce-i x 16 slot to take the card. Also with this level of card expect more heat, so you may need a fan or 2 extra in the case and good ventalation. If you buy a new case, go for a gaming case that has fans and designed for gaming.

Now compare the gtx 560 to yours

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1438&gid2=514&compare=intel-hd-graphics-4600-desktop-vs-geforce-gtx-560

I would advise getting a good brand psu and not a cheapo that could blow and take a lot with it.

Check the game requirements on the site of the link above as well, then you can get an idea of what your after. You can also compare other hardware here too. also any changes like this will kill any warranty you have left.

• davila9902
    davila9902 Member Posts: 3 New User

Good luck finding a PSU, This mobo takes a 12pin power connector that no one makes. You cannot upgrade PSU. 

• nosscar
    nosscar Member Posts: 15 New User

looks like the OP is stuffed for any upgrades then with out a new board, again this would end up with virtually a new pc.

This discussion has been closed.