Topic

New Visitor
suzwaltz

acer aspire z5600, shuts down by itself

My computer will shut down by itself after a period of time, maybe like an hour or so.

Visitor
GVadimsky

Re: acer aspire z5600, shuts down by itself

I have the same problem, for the past year or so. I have cleaned out the dust and the computer has plenty of space for air flow. There are no errors in any of the evnt logs and no warning. Just boom. It does seem like I can predict the shut down. The cooling fan shuts off after running for a while, then it shuts down. It think there is something in the bios that is incorrectly controlling the fans, I have done a lot of research and it seems that the problem is occuring with manyAcer all in ones and laptops.

New Visitor
cjwalls73

Re: acer aspire z5600, shuts down by itself

My aspire shuts down by itself as well. It usually happens when I am on FB playing bejeweled blitz or using a program such as pandora. I'm thinking it has something to do with the graphix controller or something. Its very frustrating. I have checked my status and found that it has several events logged. Nothing serious but stil?!?! Anyone have any solutions????

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: