Wifi printer compatible

MumaMia
MumaMia Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

Looking into geting a new printer.  Have an Acer desktop and laptop. Figure a wifi printer would be best.  How do I tell if my desk top Aspire AX3400 is able to connect to a wifi printer?

Is there such thing as a printer that can connect via wifi and through USB?

Thank you,

Mia

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi..

The quick answer is that most of the newer printers are compatible with Windows 8. New machines usually have built-in drivers that support Windows 8 and will enable you to use the printer’s basic functions.

Microsoft has a website that will enable you to find out if the printer you want to buy  is compatible with Windows 8. Most popular printers and they all come up as compatible due to the ‘built-in drivers’.

Printers come with two drivers - built-in drivers and manufacturer original drivers. If available I recommend that you download the latest manufacturer drivers because they will give you full access to all the printer’s features.

To access the Windows 8 Compatibility Center click here

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi..

The quick answer is that most of the newer printers are compatible with Windows 8. New machines usually have built-in drivers that support Windows 8 and will enable you to use the printer’s basic functions.

Microsoft has a website that will enable you to find out if the printer you want to buy  is compatible with Windows 8. Most popular printers and they all come up as compatible due to the ‘built-in drivers’.

Printers come with two drivers - built-in drivers and manufacturer original drivers. If available I recommend that you download the latest manufacturer drivers because they will give you full access to all the printer’s features.

To access the Windows 8 Compatibility Center click here

• hi..

You can have a printer directly connected to the a USB cable, you can convert from a USB connection to a wireless one. With your printer connected to your wireless network, it can be easily shared by other computers that are also connected to your network.

The printer can be connected by a USB cable to a computer and also be connected to a wireless network. Both USB and wireless connections can be active and used at the same time.

If your computer is  already connected to any wifi network the it supports WiFi printer.
This discussion has been closed.