Vertron M275

Options
joking
joking Member Posts: 2 New User

Clients Vertron system will not run the included backup software.  It starts, you can create a backup job but then the job will not run!  I've got two jobs created to backup two different backups covering different data sets and neither of them will run.  All the system does is display (NOT RESPONDING) and it sits there.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Installed OS?

Have you tried the WIndows backup default software?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • joking
    joking Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

the Windows 7 backup software will only back up WINDOWS it will not backup network drives, mapped drives, and such.  That program runs fine.  It backed up the user data and some folders on the C drive to the D drive but would not pull data from any other location as it wouldn't even show those locations.  Those locations are Mapped Drives to Linux Server that has no backup device attached.  If I don't find a solution soon I will have to write script to xcopy the data across the network and then use the backup software to save it.  Not a good option and will produce duplicate data taking up lots of space on the drive.

Backups of the server data would require $$$$ which the client chooses not to expend.

Please note:  It is a Veriton M275

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

xcopy is good, a little time consuming and not really optimized.

if customer want reliable backup, he must spend money, nothing else is well spent as good software backup!!!!

i always used this one, to clone HDD over ethernet connection of 25 clients and 4 windows 2008 servers to an FTP NAS storage:

http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/

I'm not an Acer employee.