The link between my Netflix desktop icon and Netflix is broken. It was working fine until yesterday.

SueBowers
SueBowers Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

The link between my Netflix desktop icon and Netflix is broken. It was working fine until yesterday.

I have already spoken to someone at Netflix and the problem is not on their end. I have an Acer Aspir Z1620

Any suggestions for getting the link to work again?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Your OS?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SueBowers

It could be. I still have Windows 7. My computer is 64 bit OS with 4.00GB

Intel CPU G640@2.80GHZ 2.80

I am not sure why the link no longer works. I am thinking perhaps an update my have done something; however, I am too reluctant to mess with anything unless I am sure of what is happening.

Just to be on the safe side, I did run a full virus and malware scan. Nothing came up.

If I have to, I can live with going directly to Netflix, but I sure miss the icon link.

• IronFly

you can create the shortcut to your desktop.

you need to find where Netflix installed the files (i think C:\Program files (x86)\netflix), right click on netflix.exe and choose "send to desktop".

this will create a shortcut on your desktop to start Netflix from it.

• SueBowers

Thank you. I had my husband help me with this. It appears that the file for the link is missing. I don't know how it happened and I know that I did not delete it. It is a mystery. This is the link that shows: http://homepage.acer.com/redirect.aspx?rid=09000001 but the page says that it cannot be displayed.

I have looked for the file that you suggested:  C:\Program files (x86)\netflix) It is no where to be found.

It is no big deal. I do have Netflix bookmarked. I am just concerned that something may be going wrong.

I use my computer for work and for home so it is important to keep it in good condition.

• IronFly

oh now i understand what you meant.

sorry but i can't help with that.

• SueBowers

That's OK Smiley Happy I can still access it from my bookmark. Thank you for trying. Smiley Happy

• cdr1
    cdr1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Mine stopped working 2 days ago and i get the same error message, clearly Acer has changed their redirect. I really hate this type of error, doesn,t anyone check their work after they make a change.