Topic

Visitor
lweber89

Shredder.msi Error 1706

I have started to get dialog messages indicating that the Shredder.msi file is missing.

I have a AX3960-U4102 running Windows 7 (all patches/security updates).

It seems this file is related to the MyWinLocker suite that Acer installs on the machine.

I have gone through the Acer eRecovery Mgmt program in an attempt to "repair" the MyWinLocker suite.

I have gone through a clean boot per the suggestion of Microsoft. 

I am still getting the errors after all of that.

I could use some suggestions on what others have done to solve this problem.

Thanks.

lw

ACE Pioneer
Leho

Re: Shredder.msi Error 1706

[ Edited ]

Lweb

The Shredder that I got was a preloaded (2008) trial version allowing for a limited number of erasures.  I don't know what happens automatically when the trial runs out.

Are you dealing with the trial version or one that you pruchased?

Leho

Visitor
lweber89

Re: Shredder.msi Error 1706

Hi-

My copy of Shredder looks to be part of the WinLocker Suite that Acer pre-installed.  I kept it on there because I find YoSafe very handy to use.  I can't seem to uninstall just one component of the suite (so ditch Shredder but keep YoSafe).

I used Acer eRecovery (again) to "repair" WinLocker.....so far (for about 4 days now) I have not gotten the message.  I also turned off auto-update services that were running and tied to EgisTech (vendor for WinLocker Suite). 

So I might now have a stable system....but I still feel like there might be an underlying issue.

THanks...

lw

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: