RAM upgrade for Revo RL70

Options
mgasparel
mgasparel Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the RL70 UR10P

Comes with 2GB of RAM, and it's just not enough. 

I decided to pick up a 4GB stick of DDR3 1333 RAM. Was not able to find a list of compatible RAM anywhere, so went based off the spec sheet here: http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/model-datasheet/PT.SJ4P2.001

When the new RAM is installed, the revo beeps a long beep over and over. Doesn't matter which slot it's in, or whether or not I remove the original stick. If I take out the new RAM and put the old RAM back in, the computer boots fine.

I wasn't able to find any documentation for BIOS beep codes or recommended RAM lists. Can anyone help figure out what's going on?

Best Answer

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    It looks like the new Ram u bought must be faulty. did you try out with any other Ram. Please do that first and tell us the result

Answers

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    It looks like the new Ram u bought must be faulty. did you try out with any other Ram. Please do that first and tell us the result
  • finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi mgasparel

I agree with ajay_1988 - the RAM you have may be faulty, or at least the wrong type!

Download and run Crucial's scanner. This program will tell you everything you need to know about your computer's memory requirements, and will even make recommendations for you.

The link I've provided is for the UK site, but you can change it to where you live, by clicking on the flag in the top right corner.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello mgasparel,

Memory subsystem of Revo RL70:

- Socket Type: DDR III SO-DIMM connector (204 pins)

- Support to parity check feature: Yes

- Support to error correction code (ECC) feature: No

- Socket Quantity: 2 (Max 1GB, 2GB by slot)

- Only support single channel

- Capacity support:

- 1GB / 2 GB DDRIII 1066/1333 MHz SO-DIMM support.(follow AMD Spec.)

- 1GB to 4GB Max memory support.(follow AMD Spec.)

-  Memory voltage: 1.35/1.5 volts

- Design Criteria:

- Should follow AMD Brazos platform design guide.

- Should meet AMD Brazos BIOS Specification.

France
  • mgasparel
    mgasparel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I brought the RAM back to the store and got it swapped with a new module. Everything is running nice and smooth now Smiley Happy

Much better performance... now I just need to replace this slooooooow 5400RPM drive Smiley Wink

This discussion has been closed.