Nvidia Graphics card issue GTX 760M on Aspire U5-610

aeromell
aeromell Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi all, I unable to use or change my Nvidia graphics card on the AIO. Tried searching it on the BIOS setup too, but no avail. The card is Not Detected by the OEM update software too. Unable to use Nvidia at all!!! Desk Banging, Romell

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

if you have part number of system can look it up online

ones I see on Acer site do not show nvidia card for graphics

• Try installing the original nVidia Windows 8.0 driver (9.18.13.2049):

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_NVIDIA_9.18.13.2049_W8x64_A.zip?acerid=635156088966053709&Step1=ALL-IN-ONE&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE U5-610&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_27

• Alexisfrance
    Alexisfrance Member Posts: 1 New User

Did anyone find a solution to this issue ?

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon

My u5-610 has Intel Graphic  not NVidia...

VGA_Intel_15.33.2.64.3282_W81x64_A.zip

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

• Aelor
    Aelor Member Posts: 1 New User

I don't know if people here also bought the U5-610 with the 760M because then you're also able to play games? I did. I wanted something for my studies (a device I can move around, which is not a laptop / tablet), but also with the capability to play games.

Now this thing ain't cheap, the highest version especially. Now what bothers me a lot, is that I can't update the drivers of the video card to what I want. This is my system right? We're talking about WHQL drivers from NIVIDIA, not even BETA drivers, plus I don't overclock stuff etc... 

There's an issue with Battlefield 4, it just won't start. It needs an updated driver. Of course, I spoke to support from ACER, EA and NVIDIA. I know how this usually works, companies pointing to each other. Actually EA was very helpful, they're opening a case. NIVIDIA as well, doing the same thing, since I can't get past the System Check when wanting to install a qualified WHQL NVIDIA driver on my OWN SYSTEM!

So, ACER, if you're reading these things, most drivers you have there, they don't require updates, but for God's sake VIDEO DRIVER change every few months, try to keep that updated and let us CHOOSE to install these drivers on our own systems! I didn't pay 1500 euro for nothing right??? Or can I get my money back so I buy something that actually does what I want? I want to have contrl over my own system, so either update your video drivers for systems, or let us be able to install our own drivers. I wonder why the system doesn't get passed the System Check in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.