Desktops & All-In-Ones

Topic

Contributing Member
Keith932

New Acer AT3-600 UR33 No Video on PCIE expansion ...

Sorry to everyone on my last Blank Post.  I have a new Acer Aspire AT3-600 UR33

I have tried 3 different Video Graphics cards in the PCIEx16 Expansion slot.

NVIDIA GT-210, GT-610 and a older Radeon 512 MB graphics card all with no luck in getting any video.

I checked the BIOS settings only finding no setting for a Primary video graphics to the PCIEx16 Slot.

However I did note the  video setings for the Video memeory size to 128mb and a DVMT Memory size at Maximum.

But I noticed that the DVMT Mode was Greyed out and could not be selected. Has anybody out there ran into this problem.?    I contacted Acer online support which was not much help only giving me a RMA to return the computer to the repair center.... I deal with many computers and have built several of my own and for others in the past. I am getting to wonder if this is a BIOS design fault by not allowing the primary Graphics controller to the PCIEx16 card slot. My T3-600 has the latest current BIOS, I will contact the repair center directly to see if I can come up with any other answers to this problem before I have to really send it to them. 

Visitor
Zeroisnothing

Re: New Acer AT3-600 UR33 No Video on PCIE expansion ...

I am in the same boat as Keith932.

My father in law had asked me to help with this Acer computer that he got through the emachines redeem site. I have been building/working on computers for the last 10 years so I thought it would be an easy set up. Once I received it I installed an older Nvida GT 220 I had laying around and when I turned it on I had no video output on any port of the video card or the mother board itself. I powered it down, removed the video card, and everything worked as it should. I tried a few more times thinking it wasn’t seated correctly or something odd like that but I always ended up with the same results, blank screen. I did not see anything that stood out in the bios as being the issue, but I only spent a minute or two looking around for something obvious. Any help would be great.

Contributing Member
Keith932

Wow just what I wanted to hear, someone else having the same issue, I boxed up my AT3-600 UR33

and shipped it back to the Acer repair center with a RMA.. Now I am getting to wonder if this could

be a non correctable issue with this model and it is getting to sound like a BIOS issue.  Well as soon as I hear something back from ACER repair center I will let you know. I tried everything I could also and even with 3 video cards Nividia and Radion all did the same thing No Video...  Seems very stupid to put a PCIEx16 external Graphics card slot and have it not work..

According to Tech Support on Line it is supposed to work thats why they told me to return it with the Repair RMA.

Will seeeeeee ?

Contributing Member
Keith932

My AT3-600-UR33 Just arrived back from the repair center. Reading the service report had me a bit stumped.

They tested mine using a ACER Grahics card SKU Part Number VG.PCU63.001 in the PCIEx16 slot they tested the system and no faults found....

The AT3-600-UR33 will only accept a Graphics card meeting ACER Specs,  On Line support gave me some numbers to call ordering for this Graphics card. But I am trying to find more specs about it first and I wont be able to do that until Thursday morning.  Acer Online Stores 800-910-2237 8am- 5pm CST, there is another number www.skyline-eng.com

715-698-4880.  There is a catch to this folks you have to use a ACER graphics card,  If anybody out there has tried something different that worked let us know.

Keith

Visitor
masterbw

Because the graphics card require UEFI BIOS to work with Win8 under UEFI mode.

So you have to contact graphics card manufacturer to request for the UEFI BIOS, however please note that only the recent GPU will have access to UEFI release.

Established Member
chriskv

Does this mean most any nvidea card will work with nvidea's latest drivers?

Established Member
chriskv

I would like to use one of the three open regular PCI Express slots (not the big PCI 16x slot).  Will any dual monitor PCI express card work?  Also, I want to buy a dual ported card, and also use the onboard graphics card so that I will have 3 monitors available and use all three when needed.  Is this possible on this motherboard ???

ACE Pioneer
finlux

Hi chriskv

Most PCI cards should work fine.

You cannot use onboard and PCI card graphics at the same time. When you insert a card, it over-rides the onboard graphics, which will in fact, be disabled.

What you can do is buy a card with 3 connections, VGA, DVI and HDMI, then insert a monitor to each port. Shop around for graphics cards, because some offer different types/quantities of connection. There may be a chance you'll need to upgrade your power supply too.

Established Member
chriskv

Thank you for reply.  I read where with these newer motherboards the On Board graphics can be used in conjuction with a graphics card.  Also, this mobo has graphics intergrated with the CPU so I think that would be more efficient?  The three port cards are also rather expensive.

ACE Pioneer
finlux

As a rule, the BIOS will disable the onboard graphics if you insert a graphics card. Unless your BIOS has a setting that can over-ride this option, it may not be possible.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: