My ACER Aspire M5100 9-in-1 card reader is not working. Green light does not come on.

Janna
Janna Member Posts: 6 New User

The 9-in-1 card reader is no longer working.  The green light doesn't turn on when I insert an SD card.  I have tried rebooting.  Cannot find the card driver in device manager.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer

• Janna
    Answer ✓

Thanks for all of your help.  I solved the problem by turning off the computer, opening up the computer case and disconnecting the 9-in-1 card black cable from the motherboard.  Then I restarted the computer and it re-installed the device drivers (Windows message came up).  For the first time, the Card Reader Devices actually appeared in Device Manager.  Then I turned off the computer, reconnected the black cable and restarted.  Everything is now working great.

Answers

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hello.

Trye reinstall drivers first.

• Janna

I can't find the driver anywhere.  As far as I know, it is not mentioned on the Acer site.

• tom85

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Acer-Aspire-5100-Card-Reader-Driver-30-Download-36515.html

Trye also download and install this one

global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Chipset/Chipset_ATI_8.360.0.0000_Vistax64.zip?acerid=633645733755046948&Step1=DESKTOP,%20WORKSTATION&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20M5100&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_7

• Janna

Thanks for the help; however, the link that you posted is giving an error.  Also, based on the URL is it for Vista 64 bit - if so, my operating system is a 32 bit.

• Janna

Thanks for the help.  I tried the Softpedia link and my virus protection gave a lot of warnings and blocked a few trojans and other files.  The site tries to download many other programs along with the driver.  I am hesitant to continue with the Softpedia site. 

Also, I think I found the name of the 9-in-1 card reader, it is CR.10400.001 - but I still can't find a driver.  I also don't see where the card reader is listed in Device Manager.

• tom85

What with drivers for card-reader? they are for any version windows, you are abble to install them? And if yes its start work?

You trye also another sd-card?

• Janna

I have not been able to find or install the driver for the 9-in-1 card reader.  I have tried several SD cards, none of them work.  The 9-in-1 does not seem to respond to anything.

• Janna
    Answer ✓

Thanks for all of your help.  I solved the problem by turning off the computer, opening up the computer case and disconnecting the 9-in-1 card black cable from the motherboard.  Then I restarted the computer and it re-installed the device drivers (Windows message came up).  For the first time, the Card Reader Devices actually appeared in Device Manager.  Then I turned off the computer, reconnected the black cable and restarted.  Everything is now working great.

This discussion has been closed.