Microphone does not work when using Skype, time incorrect, screensaver time change

Options
Sheldon
Sheldon Member Posts: 1 New User

We have bought a Acer and the microphone does not work when using Skype.  I have installed the new skype

Also, my date and time is incorrect on the system.

How do I change the time on the screensaver as it is setfor 10 seconds.  How do I extend this to say 2 minutes?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi Sheldon,

1) Time & Date, normally windows will sync it when a data connection is available but sometimes you need to set it manually the first boot:

on desktop, click on time & date on the right bottom of your screen, click on "change date & time settings", then click on "change date & time", then change time & date.

2) i don't understand what you mean about screensaver time, do you mean screensaver timeout?

if so, right click on your desktop, choose "personalise", then on the next window, click on the bottom right "screensaver", choose your timeout wait time on "wait", click "apply", then ok.

3) about Mic on Skype, please check this:

right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right of your desktop, near date & time, click on "recording devices", check if microphone is enabled and set as default.

I'm not an Acer employee.
This discussion has been closed.