I am trying to reinstall MS Windows on my Gateway desktop.

Options
AlexU
AlexU Member Posts: 3 New User

The website says that "No RCD available for the entered Serial Number." What am I to do now?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Alex

What version of Windows were you running?

• AlexU
    Options

It's Windows 7, home edition.

• finlux
    Options

If there are no recovery disks available for your Gateway PC, then you can do the following:

1. Go to the Gateway support site, enter the details of your machine, then download the drivers & applications for your model & save them to external memory or burn them to disk.

2. Download the EXACT version of Windows 7 that was on your PC originally (IE, Home Premium x64) here, and burn the ISO image to disk.

3. Insert the Windows 7 disk in your PC & boot from it to install Windows. Follow the on screen instructions. When it comes to entering your product key, use the one supplied with your PC. (It is usually a sticker on the side). Take care entering the number.

4. When Windows has finished installing, you can then install all the drivers & applications from earlier. Finally, you will need to activate Windows and load all your programs & documents back on to it. Don't forget your AV software & Windows updates.

You're then good to go!

• AlexU
    Options

Thanks a lot. I am downloading Windows now and keeping my fingers crossed.

• finlux
    Options

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.