How to flash Acer Aspire XC-603 BIOS? Blank screen, no Num lock light, no response.

Options
longbow
longbow Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello all,

can you please help me flash BIOS? Computer turns up, CPU fan works but PC itself no. I have blank screen - no signal, keyboard does not work at all, mouse has no power as sensor does not work too.

It seems that PC is bricked or blocked somehow. Can I fixed that by myself? Can you please advise how to fix it? PC is 0 days old and I am really done here Smiley Sad

Please help, thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Disconnect HDD, DVD and try to boot wit one ram stick at time.

you can also try a CMOS reset, disconnecting the power cable and the button battery on the MB for about 5 minutes and then put back battery, reconnect power cable and try to boot to BIOS pressing DEL key.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • longbow
    Options

Nope it did not work.

I have only 1 RAM module which I reseated. CMOS battery had been taken out for a while. Still no screen nor beeps.

I am more than sure I have to flash BIOS somehow. I can find correct version on ACER support forum but how to install it when I see nothing?

HDD and DVD-Drive had been unplugged as you suggested.

Can anyone tell me how to excatly format USB drive and what exact files should be on the USB stick? I am more than desperate now. Also.. is it possible to fix it via USB or I need CD? 

Thanks for any ideas.

• IronFly
    Options

The BIOS is only flashable under BIOS, as wrote in the readme.pdf

• longbow
    Options

OK but when I was in BIOS, how could I flash it without having any BIOS image downloaded before? I was not even on network. ...so how could I replace BIOS and with what? 

It does not make sense to me. What if someone erases BIOS by mistake? I don't think I should throw away this PC into bin now... 

There has to be solution. Check Google how people fixed erased BIOS for Acer products.. I am pretty sure this is same case and it can be undone.

Maybe someone from Acer??

• IronFly
    Options

Your BIOS doesn't permit direct flash from BIOS screen as mainboard manufacters.

you can't erase a BIOS but you can corrupt it.

The only out of windows solution is to make a MS-DOS usb pen, copy the xxxx.rom file on the USB pen and boot from that, but since you don't have screen signal.....you can't do it.

if your PC is brand new, it's better to send it back to a warranty repair.

The solutions on Google, some are very old and don't anymore and they are related to laptops with InsydeH20 BIOS.

• longbow
    Options

*****. ...do you think it's covered by warranty?

• longbow
    Options

...also how could I corrupt it if program finished a OK?

BIOS was able to flash itself to what version or what? :-) This is really strange..

• IronFly
    Options
    Can be faulty by the factory, not your fault.