Topic

Visitor
samski
Accepted Solution

Hard Drive failure

I need some advice on re-installing the operating system on my new hard drive.

Frequent Contributor
Charitha

Re: Hard Drive failure

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can I know some info about your requirement.

1) What is the machine model

2) What is the O/S you are going to install

3) Do you have O/S media (OS DVD)

4) What is the HDD capacity.

Please give me the feedback.. 

Thanks 

Visitor
samski

Greetings.  The model is Aspire 5742z.  I have the UUID, serial number,SSNID, and other product info if needed.  The HHD is a Western Digital black, 320 GB.  The O/S that was loaded on the computer  was Windows Vista, which I assumed to be the best one to use as a replacement.  When trying to diagnose the problem I ordered recovery material from Acer.  This consists of one system disk, 3 recovery disks, and one language disk.  These did not work with the old hard drive so I assumed the hard drive needed to be replaced, which is what I am doing now.  Can I use these disks to reload the O/S?  I have no other disks from Acer.

Thanks.  Samski

Frequent Contributor
Charitha

Dear Friend,

Please try out Recovery disk. Put the 1st DVD and boot from it. Follow the instruction. After complete installation by using all 3 DVD's , It should be load Windows O/S. Please give me the feed back.

Thanks

Visitor
samski

This worked perfectly well and now my Aspire is running very well. Thank you.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: