Audio Distortion with Mouse/Keyboard

Options
cvn72
cvn72 Member Posts: 2 New User

Recently bought an Acer TC-605 from best buy.  Spent a couple of days downloading and installing latest windows updates.  When I first start using the computer, I would be working on something in ms office and listening to itunes at the same time.  Audio would sound perfect for maybe 15  to 30 minutes, then it would distort afterwards anytime i moved the mouse or used the keyboard.  Tried updating all drivers but did not work.  However, when I pull the mouse's usb cord out and reinstall problem goes away.  But 15 to 30 minutes later, problem comes back again.  It would be kinda annoying reinserting the mouse usb plug every half hour.  Will buying and installing a usb pci card fix the issue?  I'm thinking maybe my onboard usb ports must be bad.  Or is the issue with something else?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This issue has been reported after installing some recently released windows update.
    Currently the option to perform a system restore to previous date. You can also try uninsatlling the windows updates manually from control panel > windows update. The exact windows update KB is unknown. Microsoft is currently working on this issue.
    If the issue persists you may try reinstalling the audio drivers from Acer eRecovery management.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This issue has been reported after installing some recently released windows update.
    Currently the option to perform a system restore to previous date. You can also try uninsatlling the windows updates manually from control panel > windows update. The exact windows update KB is unknown. Microsoft is currently working on this issue.
    If the issue persists you may try reinstalling the audio drivers from Acer eRecovery management.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Renatus
    Renatus Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I have had a similar problem with an Aspire XC-605 for a few days now. The problem seems to result in the Intel Technology Access Service process reserving 1Gbit of memory and affects not only the sound but other functions too.   

• Steveeh2001
    Steveeh2001 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options

In the meantime, you camn do this.

Ctrl alt Delete. Select device manager. Scroll down until you see Intel Technology Access. Right click on it and slect end task. This will work until you reboot.

• cvn72
    cvn72 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

What does "intel technology access" service do anyways?  Is it vital for pc security or is it bloatware software?

• Steveeh2001
    Steveeh2001 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options

From what I have read it has to do with ethernet. I have a wired ethernet set up and it does not affect mine when I end task. But I am reluctant to permanently delete it just in case.