Aspire XC600 black screen

1htmn1
1htmn1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi everyone,

There seems to be a problem with my XC600 desktop. Recently when I tried booting it up, I saw the loading screen with the acer logo and all (the screen works) but after that the monitor screen went black. I tried turning it ON and OFF but that didn't work. Once the screen came back on somehow (i was just clicking everywhere randomly) and I saw I was at the welcome screen. As soon as I logged on though, it went back to black. I left it idle after that and after a bit the screensaver came up (was working a bit sluggish though). Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Hope these help:

SNID: [edited to comply with guidelines]
S/N: [edited for privacy]

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi 1htmn1

See if it works OK in safe mode. Restart your PC, & as soon as you see the Acer logo continually tap F8 - this will bring up the Advanced Boot Menu. Select the Safe Mode option. If this works OK then do a full scan of your Anti virus & Anti malware programs.

• 1htmn1
    1htmn1 Member Posts: 2 New User

lol what do you know! This morning I tried booting it up again and everything was back to normal. I've already started the scan as suggested. Hope this doesn't happen again. Thank you for replying finlux!

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Ha!

Glad it is booting, let us know how you get on!
This discussion has been closed.