Aspire T possible to upgrade to dedicated graphic card

langsat
langsat Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
I noticed aspire T does not provide models that equipped without dedicated graphic card like aspire x. Is it possible to add graphic card by myself? How do I know the power supply support the graphic card? Aspire X has models comes with dedicated graphic card but the case is small and not much spaces for other cards upgrade in future.

Answers

• BearPaw
    BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

If you decide to upgrade the card, you will want to look at the way the card looks inside the system and the card you want to install in the system to replace whats in there.

It's also very important to abide by the systems voltage and amperage ratings as you don't want to install an add in card that will blow up your power supply. Most of those cards that only take up a single slot would be suitable for that unit if it supports a PCI -e slot but anything else and you would probably be taking up 2 peripheral slots. Also you want to be aware of the orientation of the way the card is put in the system. If the heatsink faces upward you will want a video card that only takes up one slot. If the heatsink faces downward then it's likely you can install a card that takes up two slots but be careful again on the system rating for the power supply. Some cards require external power sources from the motherboard via molex connectors and other peripherals which may tax the system and slow it down if you don't have the right PSU.

• langsat
    Thnx for your reply.
  • langsat

- Acer Aspire X AXC605-4460W8D Desktop PC
    - Intel® Core™ i5-4460-3.2GHz
    - 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB SATA HDD
    - NVIDIA® GeForce® GT710
    - Genuine Windows® 8.1

Is it possible to ask acer to upgrade to 8GB ram ( 1 slot) and  Geforce GT630 with few hundred extra and still under warranty?

• BearPaw
    BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

That is a good question. Normally Acer just sells accessories on  their website in their Acer Store. I think an Acer community staff member that works at Acer should address this as I am not sure about it.

This discussion has been closed.