Aspire E380 USB ports failing to work

Options
Bodi
Bodi Member Posts: 22 New User

Hello I have a problem with the USB ports on my old Aspire E380 USB ports not working. I usually only have one working on the front panel bottom left as you look at it from the front. Occasionally they will all work for a period then one day I will turn it on and just the one port is working. I know crazy right? Smiley Frustrated

All anti virus programs fail to show any viruses infections, so I am left with having to suffer this affliction with not real cure available to me.

I’ve done a forum search with regards to this  with nil results

Any thoughts out there? Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

• Bodi
    Answer ✓
    Options

After the removal of some hard ware I can confirm the USB situation is not power related.

Any other suggestions?

Edit :-

In another post of mine it was suggested that I reset the bios to default settings, this resulted in my having to reset the first boot back to the Hard drive but thus far it seems to have solved the USB ports failure after doing the reset all the ports are working again.

........Watch this space......

Answers

• Pendaws
    Pendaws Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Have you chcked the PSU? it MAY be a problem?

• Bodi
    Options

It may well be power related, but what I have neglected to mention is that this computer is one of twins. Yes I have two identical computers both bought at the same time and both upgraded in the exact same ways and the other one suffers no such afflictions.

But all the same power could well be the problem, I'll look into it any one want to buy a couple of 500 watt PSU's Smiley LOL

• Bodi
    Answer ✓
    Options

After the removal of some hard ware I can confirm the USB situation is not power related.

Any other suggestions?

Edit :-

In another post of mine it was suggested that I reset the bios to default settings, this resulted in my having to reset the first boot back to the Hard drive but thus far it seems to have solved the USB ports failure after doing the reset all the ports are working again.

........Watch this space......

This discussion has been closed.