Topic

Visitor
cinderelle

Acer wireless keyboard connected but won't type

I have an all in one Aspire 5801 that came with a wireless keyboard and mouse.  My keyboard has stopped typing.  The trackpad on the side of the keyboard works, though when I press the button to bring up the optical number pad, nothing happens.  So I know the keyboard is properly paired and connected with the computer.  But none of the typing keys work.  I've restarted the computer, removed and replaced the usb wireless remote and I've even plugged the keyboard into the computer using the usb charging cable.  Please help.

Acer Technician
Acer-Ryan

Re: Acer wireless keyboard connected but won't type

If your wireless mouse is working but not your keyboard, I would suggest contacting tehcnical support to get a new keyboard or you can purchase a new mouse and keyboard combo from a local retailer.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: