Acer Preadator G3120 and GTX 760 not booting

Options
Mammo
Mammo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi! I just upgraded my Acer Preadator G3120 with a new graphics card, the Asus GTX 760.

With the card installed, my computer starts normally, then gets stuck in the Acer logo screen. It wont load the install cd and I am unable to enter BIOS, despite the screen telling the normal "press Del to enter BIOS". If I reinstall my old card, my computer works normally.

I am fairly sure its not a hardware problem, my motherboard and power supply (default ones) should be able to run the new card. I have the latest BIOS, version P01.A4.

Please, any help?

Best Answer

• nicoma
    nicoma Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

GTX770 also dont work and it is the bios on your motherboard. Im in same situation as you.

I tested several Nvidia card and none of them is working above.

The 560Ti work well.

Next time i know why not purchase any brand computer from ACER.

What i heard No bios upgrade planned from ACER.

I also tried some radeon card and R9280X work but those card have another problem.

Wish you good hunting for your problem.

Answers

• nicoma
    nicoma Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

GTX770 also dont work and it is the bios on your motherboard. Im in same situation as you.

I tested several Nvidia card and none of them is working above.

The 560Ti work well.

Next time i know why not purchase any brand computer from ACER.

What i heard No bios upgrade planned from ACER.

I also tried some radeon card and R9280X work but those card have another problem.

Wish you good hunting for your problem.

• Mammo
    Mammo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Yeah, I came to the same conclusion. Apparently if I had win8 I could have updated my BIOS to a new one that should run the GTX 760, no such luck with win7. I have a history of fighting with Acer for a new BIOS update, decided I dont want to go through with that again...

So, I went and bought a new mobo, Asrock 970. Too big to fit in the Predator, so had to go back to my old chassis, but at least I now have a computer up and running with the GTX 760. Not gonna buy an ACER product in the foreseeable future, that's sure...

Anyway, thanks for your reply, hope you get your GTX 770 up and running.
  • Brian813
    Brian813 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, im going through the same issue with my AM3670-UR14P MOBO model M3670. You mention that if I had Win8 it would work? Can you elaborate on that because I would consider upgrading to Win8 if that would resolve the issue. This is really frustrating to have to deal with these issues that arent supposed to happen.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.