Topic

New Visitor
emsai

Acer EG43M mobo in Aspire 5800

I bought an Aspire 5800 in 2009 and need to know if the pci slots for Acer EG43M mobo are 1.0 or 2.0.  I want to install a SATA 3 card that needs a 2.0 slot.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer EG43M mobo in Aspire 5800

I'm going to base my answer on the Aspire M5800 series. 

If you're able to provide a part number for the system, I can verify the model.

Based on your post, you're looking at installing a SATA 3 PCI card and not a SATA 3 PCI Express card, is that correct?

Specifications for the Aspire M5800 system indicate the following slots:

• 1x PCI Express Slot Type: x16
  • 1x PCI Express Slot Type: x1
  • 2x PCI Slot Type: x1

Just in case, the PCI Express slots are 1.1 and not 2.0.

Hope this helps.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
goodwick

Re: Acer EG43M mobo in Aspire 5800

I have the same Acer EG43M mobo in my M5800, I'm wondering what I need to know for compatability issues when I'm upgrading the video card? I know the pci-e slot is 16 pin, but SATA 3 is that the power input for the card to plug into? I want to put a gtx 560 or 660 in to this pc, since the 2.0 cards are backwards compatable it will work I'm hoping..

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: