Topic

Visitor
emsai

Acer EG43M mobo in Aspire 5800

I bought an Aspire 5800 in 2009 and need to know if the pci slots for Acer EG43M mobo are 1.0 or 2.0.  I want to install a SATA 3 card that needs a 2.0 slot.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer EG43M mobo in Aspire 5800

I'm going to base my answer on the Aspire M5800 series. 

If you're able to provide a part number for the system, I can verify the model.

Based on your post, you're looking at installing a SATA 3 PCI card and not a SATA 3 PCI Express card, is that correct?

Specifications for the Aspire M5800 system indicate the following slots:

• 1x PCI Express Slot Type: x16
  • 1x PCI Express Slot Type: x1
  • 2x PCI Slot Type: x1

Just in case, the PCI Express slots are 1.1 and not 2.0.

Hope this helps.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
goodwick

Re: Acer EG43M mobo in Aspire 5800

I have the same Acer EG43M mobo in my M5800, I'm wondering what I need to know for compatability issues when I'm upgrading the video card? I know the pci-e slot is 16 pin, but SATA 3 is that the power input for the card to plug into? I want to put a gtx 560 or 660 in to this pc, since the 2.0 cards are backwards compatable it will work I'm hoping..

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: