Acer AXC-603G-UW30 Aspire desktop artifact issues

Options
Galadriel
Galadriel Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished Acer  603G desktop from an online retailer.  On startup, all I see on the screen is artifacts, I never see an Acer logo or BIOS screen or instructions on how to enter BIOS.  Once it boots into Windows, all seems normal.  As far as I can tell, it has no issues besides the startup artifacts.  I have tried updating VGA drivers from Acer's website, and flashing the BIOS among other updates and specific model files.  I still get the artifacts on bootup.

Does anyone have a possible solution to my issues?  Only thing I can think of now is sending it back but it was a refurbished model and that limites my options here.  Thank you for your time.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Galadriel,

That does sound odd that you are having artifacts on bootup and I dont know what would cause this. The drivers do not have an impact on this as they are only loaded once Windows boots.

When you boot up can you enter the BIOS and see it properly or is there artifacts there as well?

Also, where did you purchase this product? If it was not refurbed by us, the motherboard may not be ours and that could be the problem.

• Galadriel
    Galadriel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am now seeing artifacts in Windows.  Not as bad as when it boots up but it's got issues at all times now. 

I purchased this desktop from Newegg.  I tried the normal commands to enter the BIOS screen, F10, delete, etc.  If it went into the BIOS screen I couldn't tell because of the video issues.  I am in communication with Newegg about returning the desktop. 

Also I am not using the Acer anymore as I have a perfectly working computer that I have, this Acer was intented for a family member.

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I would definietly believe it is a hardware issue at this point if the artifacts are now in Windows as well. I would recommend contacting technical support in your region.

This discussion has been closed.