AXC600 crashes every 5min

Options
Powergold
Powergold Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi all

I am new here and I need your help!

my AXC600 crashes every time I turn it on after 5min and gives the so knowned blue windows 8.1 blue screen with a registry errror (but no number of the error).

I got the impression that it occurs after having change the location of my documents from C: to D: But i can change now as it take more than 5min.

It seems also that it could be a virus attack because at the same time, unexpected software was installed as default search engine for IE FF and Chrome.

I try:

• to clean the register base with Ccleaner => no change
  • to make a windows restauration => not eable to finish the restauraiton point because it did'nt find the documents I just change the location.
  • to use acer recovery management => when I click on it, it doesn't do anything....
  • to use the USB stick with my windows 8 bakc up from Acer recovery; it doesn't boot on it even i have change the boot sequence.

Now, my possibilities and questions:

• if it is an hardware problem, my PC is still under waranty I can send it to acer. But I have to find a way to save my data. If I open the PC to take out the hard disk to save my data It will breaks the warranty?
  • if it is a virus issue; could I instal windows 7? I have a CD and choose only to format the C: partition and not D to save my data. And if it dosen't work to send to ACER under the warranty?

Thanks you for giving me your opinion or suggestions if you are others ideas.

Best Answer

• Powergold
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

finally I post my PC for warranty and they change the mainboard which was defective...

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you tried to boot pressing ALT+F10 and choose to refresh the OS, so your files will not be deleted?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Powergold
    Options

Hi Iron,

no I don't know where i can find this. alt F10 does not work; it is "delete" for me to access the boot setup utility. Where can I change this? in which tab: Main ? Advanced? Power? Authentification?Security?Boot? option?

But i am not sure it help me as I can not boot on my usb stick neither use the Acer recovery management...

Thx

• IronFly
    Options

can you post the exact XC model?

yes DEL is to boot to BIOS, ALT+F10 is to start acer recovery from boot.

please check on BIOS if D2D is enabled:

• Powergold
    Options

Hi,

I can't sucess to launch acer recovery from boot: alt + f10 does not work :/

in my boot there is no D2D option:

[edited for privacy - removed image displaying serial number]

my acer is a AXC600/G246.

• IronFly
    Options

have you checked also in the other BIOS tabs?

• Powergold
    Options

the boot option I have are/

2015-01-04 18.49.58.jpg

• IronFly
    Options

ok, let's try to save your data first.

you need to have a working PC and the ability to burn a CD or USB pen as bootable device.

download the zip file from here:

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

unzip and then burn the .iso file on a CD (the easiest way).

bring the CD and insert it on your XC600 CD/dvd reader, press F12 at boot and choose cd/dvd as bootable device.

once in the selection menu, select mini xp, once at xp desktop, try to browse on the XC600 HDD and save your files to an USB pen.

• Powergold
    Options

For the data it is ok. As  I have 5min before crash, I have save the main data.

Now I will probablw give my PC to the shop for warranty...

• IronFly
    Options

wise decision, since probably you would have to open the case and avoid warranty to try to fix it.

• Powergold
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

finally I post my PC for warranty and they change the mainboard which was defective...