chromebook 11 keyboard stopped working after 2 months

chatterbox
chatterbox Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

My chromebook's keyboard will not work after 2 months.  Maybe there is a setting that I have to deal with?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Try booting into recovery mode to see if the keyboard works when the OS isn't yet loaded. If that works then maybe a quick power wash will clear it up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chatterbox
    chatterbox Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am new to chrome book. Do you have time to write more detailed instructions? Booting into recovery mode? Power wash?
  • billsey

Try this page for Power Wash instructions.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rocklobster51
    rocklobster51 Member Posts: 4 New User
    also having a kb issue - some of the middle row keys (a-'), and most of the bottom row keys except B & N, didn't work.  (in other words, B & N do work.  rest of the keys don't, including alt & ctl).  there has never been a spill & the area under the keys is clean.  i did a powerwash.  all middle & upper keys work now.  bottom row is unchanged.  what's next - do i have to do a full restore next?  if so can i do it without a place to store the OS?
  • billsey
    There is likely either something dirty between the layers in the keyboard, or damage to one or more that affects the traces. Not an easy fix though, any chance you are still in warranty?