can you play minecraft pocket edition on an acer chromebook

omac0101
omac0101 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

When I try to purchase the app it says "no devices available" in red. Is it something on my end or can you just not play it?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Do you have ARChon installed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hi, Check in Chrome webstore, if not available then the game is not available for Chromebooks.

• Hi, Check in Chrome webstore, if not available then the game is not available for Chromebooks.

• omac0101
    I don't even know what that is. Is it something you could find on the App Store? Will that link my acer chrome book to the Google play store?
  • omac0101
    It's on Google play. Is the chrome web store different then that?
  • billsey

Yes, Google Play store is for Android, Chrome Store for Chromebooks. The workaround that people have been doing to get Minecraft running on a Chromebook is to run the Android software in Chrome. That requires ARChon. Here is a web page giving instructions...

Note that I've never done it myself, so can't guaranty it'll work. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • omac0101
    It doesn't allow me to install any apps from the Google play store. Whenever I try to download an app (Netflix, pandora, whatever) it says you don't have any devices. Then when I click install, it says "you haven't accessed the Google play store app ( the white shopping bag icon) on this device with this email account." In signed in on top and I obviously accessed the Google play store app to bring up all the apps that it's not allowing me to download. WTF! Is this not a Google product? Can it not access it's own store?
  • billsey

The Google Play Store and the Google Chrome Web Store are quite a bit different! The Chromebook is designed to run apps from the latter, the former is for Android apps. A Chromebook has to jump through a lot of hoops to run an Android app, and even then some will just not work. Stick with the apps designed for your Chromebook if you are not a high end user.

• Ruben2002
    Ruben2002 Member Posts: 1 New User

nope