Your connection is not private

Options
Odoylerules
Odoylerules Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi,

I've just bought a new Acer 14 chromebook and with certain websites (such as netflix), I get the error message:

Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from netflix[dot]com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards).

Ironically, I also get this message whenever I try to open up online chat with Acer support so I was wondering if anyone can help. My date and time settings are all correct and I don't have issues with any other devices connected to my wifi.

Thanks in advance.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Answers

• jgordon510
    jgordon510 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

You might have already tried this, but I've seen this issue on new CB's on their first session, even when the date/time are correct.  Try a restart by long pressing the power button.  In my experience the error goes away on restart.

• kaushalmalkan11
    kaushalmalkan11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Here is the easiest and the most common method to fix this issue:

Step 1: Hit the Windows Button + R combination on your keyboard. In the Run window which will appear type “timedate.cpl” and hit OK.

Step 2: In the Date and Time menu which will appear, click on the “Change Date and Time” and confirm any administrative requests to open it:

Step 3: If your date has been changed, change it back to the original today’s date and then click on Apply and Ok. This should fix the issue.

This generally works for 90% of the time but if it doesn't work for you then you can refer to other available methods.

Reference Links:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2509114/chrome-connection-private.html

https://www.techwhoop.com/your-connection-is-not-private/

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/vXwSJnkOlUM/MFeauVTUAQAJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,891 Trailblazer
    Options
    Heheh, Chromebooks don't even have a Windows key normally. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SophieWilson655Qn
    SophieWilson655Qn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Make sure your time and date are sync
    Sending resync command to local computer
    Command : w32tm /resync

if it is sync and still getting error

i do recommend clear some cache on your browser and update it. sometimes this issue will it it if not i found another solution and it works as well following solution No.2 from this website https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/your-connection-is-not-private-chrome-error/ to sort this issue out.
  • jayanainsy
    jayanainsy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    4 Ways to fix Your connection is not Private Chrome Error – Are you recurrently encountering Your connection is not Private error in the Chrome Browser? In such cases, we are scared of losing our private information and even about digital security
  • jayanainsy
    jayanainsy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

First of all check if any third party antivirus is blocking the site from settings panel apart from this incorrect date and time may also be a culprit In this kind of error. So check once and modify. Then delete all browsing data of the browser close it and reopen.

Fix: Your connection is not Private Chrome Error

• Angie1
    Angie1 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi! I think the answer are a little big wrong in this post.

Normally try to update the OS, or even better try to enter as Guest and if you do not have that problem in guest it could a bad extension or needs a Chrome Os update.

If none of this works do a power wash.

Go to settings, advanced settings, power wash.
    Or press on the logging screen press Shift+CTRL+ALT+R.

Follow the steps and issue you be fix  

Like if you like my answer or if this fix the problem.

:):)  Smile you don't when you are going to miss a tooth  =)=) 

Like if you like my answer 
  • miketranz77
    miketranz77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A couple of my blog visitors have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem? please do check my website (Edited) 

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]
  • tonytranupc
    tonytranupc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    In most cases, the "your connection is not private" error occurs due to invalid date & time, or sometimes because of outdated DNS entries. Just adjust date & time or flush DNS entries and everything will be fine. Besides, you can turn on the "Allow invalid certificates for resources loaded from localhost" option from chrome://flags to tell web browser to skip validate SSL certificate.