Wifi disconnects. Won't reconnect without restart. - Chromebook 14 (CB3-431)

matthewrr
matthewrr Member Posts: 1 New User

This Chromebook is quite possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever bought. Throwing aside the fact that the trackpad stopped working after a few days (which I assume is tied to a disconnection within the case), the internet continuously disconnects and, more frustratingly, won't reconnect without a restart.

I notice it when I try to save a project or load a website. The bottom icon will show that wifi is not connected. I click the icon and reselect the network. The wifi icon will then change to show as connected but nothing will load. Interestingly, if I try to load a page (such as CNN.com), the status in the lower right-hand corner of the window suggests (to me) that it's loading some data (e.g. it will tell me it's loading... I don't know... cookies? I don't know anything about this stuff but it will show something along the lines of "loading cdn.[text].com/").

Anyway, it will eventually pause on the of the updates regardless of the website. When I open my network settings, it still shows as connected. It's only when I enter settings that it shows it's not connected and only after this point does my wifi icon go blank/zero bars (as opposed to showing an 'x'). No matter what I do, I cannot get connectivity without restarting and losing my work.

Chromebook 14 (CB3-431)

1-2 Months Old

Problem exists on home and public networks.

Answers