Unable to redeem free 100GB of Drive storage

Jersh
Jersh Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

One of the advertisements for the CB5 chromebooks is that it comes with a free 100GB of Google Drive storage for 2 years. There's even a little acer sticker on my chromebook that says I have the free storage, but I'm unable to redeem this and activate my free storage.

Best Answer

• Jersh
    Answer ✓

I contacted a Google Support representative who was able to help me out.

If anyone else has this problem, you should perform a "powerwash" of your chromebook, then try to redeem the offer again.

(settings>advanced settings>powerwash).

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Jersh,

On the Chromebook you should be able to go to http://drive.google.com/redeem and it will validate and add it to your google account.

There are a few restructions such as 1 per account but they'll have that spelled out on the site.

Thanks,
    Cory

• Jersh

When I try to do this, it says that my device is "not eligible for this promotion".

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

I know google tracks information from the computer, only one offer per Chromebook and this is not valid on refurbished products if I remember correctly.

Could either one of these be the case?

• Jersh

This is not a refurbished device, so that can't be the problem.

When I'm in Google Drive, the bottom left corner says "x% of 15GB used", which makes me assume that I haven't yet redeemed the offer.

• Jersh
    Answer ✓

I contacted a Google Support representative who was able to help me out.

If anyone else has this problem, you should perform a "powerwash" of your chromebook, then try to redeem the offer again.

(settings>advanced settings>powerwash).

• sirzune
    sirzune Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I have the same problem when I first got my Chromebook.  Won't a powerwash destroy all files downloaded?

• Beasley81
    Beasley81 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks, I got a factory refurb of the CB5-311 back in March. Just used the link and it worked!

• franb
    franb Member Posts: 2 New User

When I clicked on redeem your 100gb Google Drive storage, it said that there wasn't an offer code on my device but when I powerwashed it and tried again, it successfully added the 100gb to my drive!

Thanks so much for the advice!Cat Happy

• hdw1964
    hdw1964 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, not solved. Still, will not offer the 100 GB free storage? What do you recommend

thank you

Howard 

• SueGamble
    SueGamble Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have same problem on Acer R11 purchased today 2nd April.Tried powerwash no change. Anyone got a fix? Who should I complain to?