Problems battery CB5-311

Options
datorrese
datorrese Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi every one, I hope all of you are ok. I am writing to talk about the problem that i have with my chromebook nowadays, well in summary my Acer (CB5-311) with just 10 months of have been bought his battery broke down. Well as I could have read it looks like a problem from the fabric and several users have had the same issue.

I dont know how to get the garantee because my laptop was bought for my ex girlfriend in taiwan and I live now a days in Paris. furthermore I dont have the main receipt but i have all the papers added with the computer when I got it.

I wonder myself if there is value to try to apply for the garantee, or pay for the repairment in your opinion?

If i have to be honest, I am so disapointed with the life of the product and I am seriusly considering to make an effort and get a new one, but for sure I wont be an ACER. 

What do you advice me?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

If the system was purchased in Taiwan then the domestic warranty would be in Taiwan. Acer has an international travelers warranty for genuine travelers only. Terms and Conditions are posted at http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/itw.htm. This page also provides links to the ITW service locations, ITW FAQ, and ITW Service Limitations.  If the serial number shows the system is under warranty and if you are traveling in France, the ITW location should be able to help you.

• datorrese
    datorrese Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am thanks for your answer, but to be honest the service of Acer left me the a really bad experience.

First, I try to contact with costumer service they sent me a link to make my complain which didnt work.

After i called to the costumer service where the first think that they told me was that I didnt have an international travel warranty and I should have paid an extra cost to have it, I am not french citizen and I am just in Paris visiting my family, so i think i am on coverage.

Also they told me they can not take my product because the warranty was suposse to be just for the european union. (that is what you call international?) and i should go back to taiwan to ask them.

Furthermore, When i gave them the  both serials of my computer the first they told me was that they didnt have that referense and they said they could not help me. Well I consider that is  pretty important problematic that a company dont have the serials of their products, the SNID of my computer is 44600328834 and to be honest I hope that you could do something or tell me the especific information to show them that I still have coverage of my garantee. I will  be in Paris for one extra month.