No battery icon after replacement (C7)

rmiell
rmiell Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently had to replace the battery on my C7.  I ordered the same type of battery using the nameplate info (14.1vdc & part #), and got one that was slightly different.  My old one was flat, while the new one was triangular in shape.  Only difference I could tell, beside the shape, was that my old one was rated 2300 ah, while the new one is 2600 ah.  It works ok, gives the keyboard a slight rise in the back, which is ok.

I can't find the battery status icon in the lower right menu box.  It is not there when on battery only, or when I have it plugged into AC.

How can I get it back?

Rick

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Even though the seller may say it is compatible with the Acer Chromebook, the battery is not considered a user replaceable part. It sounds like it doesn't quite fit the system if the back rises up where it didn't before. If you are having problems after installing the battery the only other option would be to contact Acer for a replacement battery or have the Chromebook repaired. You can check on a battery by calling Acer at 866-658-2237; hours are 8am-5pm CST, Mon-Fri.