Native Pen Support? Acer Chromebook R13 CB5-312T-K5X4

frcraig
frcraig Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

On the notebookcheck.net web site they say the display for my Chromebook is "Capacitive, native pen support".  What does "native pen support" mean?  Is there a stylus I can purchase that this Chromebook supports? Specifications

Acer Chromebook R13 CB5-312T-K5X4

Acer Chromebook R13 CB5-312T-K5X4 (Chromebook R13 Series)

Display
13.3 inch 16:9, 1920x1080 pixel 166 PPI, Capacitive, native pen support, IPS, glossy: yes

Answers

• camarks
    camarks Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same question...did you ever sort this out?

• frcraig
    frcraig Member Posts: 2 New User

My wife's Samsung Chromebook Plus came with a stylus/pen that won't work on my Acer, nor would the S-Pen for my Samsung Galaxy Pro, so I purchased a "capacitive" styus that will work on any touch enabled device.  The model I purchased is called the Bamboo Solo.  It was $25 at Staples, and it works great on both my Acer r13 Chromebook, and even better on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5  I can use it to sign my name, draw simple notes in apps that use handwriting recognition and of course tap at the screen with it with more precision than my finger would do.  Hope that helps.

Craig

• Monet
    Monet Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same Acer R13 Chromebook. Also, wondering if I could purchase this Stylus or another model that's compatible at Office Depot. It's closer to home?