My Chromebook (acer C710) was fine but now shows a yellow exclamation mark with the message chrome

Options
FredIe
FredIe Member Posts: 3 New User

OS is missing or damaged please insert a recovery stick (which I don't have) any suggestions please?

any suggestions please?

Best Answer

• FredIe
    Answer ✓
    Options

I managed to make a recovery disc from the internet and tried it. It worked. It even kept my files. If anyone else has this problem I will be glad to help.

Answers

• FredIe
    Answer ✓
    Options

I managed to make a recovery disc from the internet and tried it. It worked. It even kept my files. If anyone else has this problem I will be glad to help.

• MorrisGray
    MorrisGray Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I am new here and just trying to learn why this happened to your computer? I am wanting to purchase a chromebook to get away from Windows laptops and thought that the chromebooks would not have this happen to them. Can you explain what happened to you and why you need a recovery disc?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

As with any computer that allows you to write to the drive, there is the risk that something will go wrong that corrupts the OS image stored on the drive. It's an easy fix in the case of Chrombooks since there is very little other than the OS stored locally, so a new load of the OS doesn't affect a user much. With systems like Windows or Mac a reload of the OS typically means you also lose your data and applications.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.