My C710 chromebook screen flickers all the time constantly. Do I need to replace the screen?

Gardener
Gardener Member Posts: 4 New User

My C710 chromebook screen flickers all the time constantly. Do I need to replace the screen?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    I suggest you to perform a power reset
    Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.Turn the notebook over to remove the battery.
    Turn the notebook back over and open it. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
    Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place.
    Slide the lock tab back into the lock position. Turn over the notebook one last time and plug in your AC adapter.
    Turn on your notebook.

If issue persists, perfrom a power wash :
    Use the following steps to perform a factory rest on your Chrome device:
    Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your account picture appears.
    Select Settings and click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page.
    Find the "Factory Reset" section and click Reset.
    In the dialogue box that opens, select Restart.
  • Gardener
    Gardener Member Posts: 4 New User

I tried everything and it is still the same. I am afraid it could be something to do with hardware. 

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• Mjtaylot82575
    Mjtaylot82575 Member Posts: 1 New User

Mine did to till i tryed this take the bezel off and cheeked the screen plug it seems the plug works it's way lose

just enough to flicker and **bleep** you off..lol..just unplug it and plug back in put it all back togetter and it should stop mine did.