Internal microphone not working on CB3-431 (Chomebook 14, Edgar)

Aninja
Aninja Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello,

My internal microphone stopped functioning on my Chomebook a few days ago.  The webcam works fine and external USB microphones work as well.

I've tried the following to resolve the problem:

Settings rest

Powerwash

Full recovery/reinstall

I can’t think of anything else to resolve the issue, so I assume it must be the hardware.  Unfortunately I can’t send it in for repairs anytime soon.  Hopefully you can think of something I can’t!

Thanks in advance for your time and aid!

Answers

• kathybrie
    kathybrie Member Posts: 1 New User
    2017 and still no response. Nice.

• The English community receives the most questions. Sometimes, a question can go unresolved. I know your question is old, but the user vicki, from that link, said he downgraded chrome to version 74: https://support.google.com/chromebook/thread/6768320?hl=en
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)