Hi! New to the forum. I have a question about the chromebox.

rocmartin2003
rocmartin2003 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a chromebox that i'm using as a supervised user, but the box keeps going to sleep. Can anyone tell me how to turn off the power saving features on this device? I found developer mode commands online for a notebook that do not work on the chromebox. We're trying to use this for an industrial application and every time it goes to sleep it's screwing up the weblink required for our system.

Answers

• JonM
    JonM Member Posts: 25 New User

Hello, 

There doesn't seem to be an option to disable sleep mode directly in the Chrome OS settings (I'm looking around in my Chromebook right now and see nothing). However, there is an extension available via the Chrome WebStore called KeepAwake which overrides the power settings and forces the unit to not go to sleep. I'll link you: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/keep-awake/bijihlabcfdnabacffofojgmehjdielb?hl=en

• rocmartin2003
    rocmartin2003 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the reply, however a supervised user does not have access to extensions, so that doesn't work for me at all. I found a site that showed how to get into developer mode and had commands that would disable it, but it apparently isn't for the version of chrome or device that I have. I really just need a website opened up for a user that starts every time they log in and won't let them go to any other sites. I tried the kiosk mode, however, when they click on the link for their work instructions, it tries to open an new tab for viewing the pdf and the kiosk app won't allow it. So I'm trying the supervised user, which works perfectly except that the site goes to sleep after 2-3 minutes of inactivitiy. After about 30 minutes, when it wakes back up, it forces them to log back in all over again. I love the chromebox, but not having any access to turning that stuff off is a real problem.