Hey all....new to this site. Am having problems with two new Acer 15 Chromebooks. Screen going black

chrommiegrl
chrommiegrl Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

Hey all....new to this site. Am having problems with two new Acer 15 Chromebooks. Screen going black on the Acer 15 4GB, 32GB several times a week, as I use it about 4 hours a day. Froze once while accidentally swiping trackpad as I was typing.Not since, though.

Yesterday received new Acer 15 2GB, 16GB and on first use, and within one hour screen froze, requiring reboot. Reboots have worked so far in both these new CB's. I have had the first one in Full HD IPS screen, top resolution, for 5 weeks and the newbie came yesterday. It is HD and wish it were Full HD with IPS screen but wasn't available on Amazon when I ordered it.

My Toshiba CB has never had a quirk in the ten months I have had it.

My desktop PC --Win-7, is something I am using much less of, but I am wondering if anyone is having the quirks with the Acer 15 Chromebooks and would they return them and expect a replacement to be any better?  I'll be on the newbie one ( 2GB ) for the next few days, a lot and will update if any more quirks.

Thanks for any advice,

chrommiegrl Smiley Happy

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Check for updates (settings; about; check for and update) and install them if there are. It might help if they haven't already been done.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chrommiegrl
    chrommiegrl Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

Thanks so much, Ace. I appreciate your suggestion. The CBs Updates icon was there once and I powered off, rebooted, and same problem occured re: freezing. These CBs are supposed to download any updates if the power is turned off, then back on. But I am going to try your suggestion. Appreciation, again, your advice. Smiley Happy