Downloading Windows 10 to Acer Chromebook 11 CB3 -131

Victoria0926
Victoria0926 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Can i download Windows 10 to my Chromebook 11 Cb3-131?

Answers

• Ideas_Acer
    Ideas_Acer Member Posts: 284 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi V.  I suppose you can download anything you want.  But you can never install Win10 on your Chromebook.  You can also fill your gas tank with Diet Coke, but you won't be able to go anywhere.  Very similar situation.  BTW - We will push new Chrome OS updates to your Chromebook as they become available, so you will always be up to date and current.  Thanks for asking, V.

• Retr0_dev
    Retr0_dev Member Posts: 2 New User
    Not true it is possible to install and use it everyday, except you will need to modify it A LOT.
    First its simple to install windows on a usb and boot it on other chromebooks, well acer r11 is different its bios is not yet "hackable" (it is not fully pirated, so there is no custom rom or iso). You could violate terms and other legal STUFF to be able to do it even installing simple linux is violating the terms and conditions. THOUGH i DO recommend trying it.

P.S. - I know this is from a year ago but this is for all people trying to do this procedure. 
  • Retr0_dev
    Retr0_dev Member Posts: 2 New User
    One more thing,
    Good luck!
  • CaptPresident
    CaptPresident Member Posts: 1 New User
    So I downloaded Windows 10 on my Acer CB3 131 and it runs well. In fact I'm using it right now. But depending on the size that your computer can hold depends on what you can do with it. Windows 10 takes up a LOT of space. My Chromebook has 14 GB and it's taken up just about all of that. Your very limited that way. Some of the issues I have that I am debating on whether to switch back to Chrome OS because the speakers do not work, headphone jack doesn't work, and track pad doesn't work. Now you can install windows 10 in other ways than I did but the way I did it was by completely deleting Chrome OS. Yes it can have Windows and I'm sure out there somewhere you are able to get the speakers, headphone jack, and track pad to work and I just haven't searched enough but if you don't need any of that and don't need a lot of space then go for it! And if you find a way to get the headphone jack, speakers, and track pad to work let me know.  

Here's a link to what I used:
    https://www.davebennett.tech/replace-chrome-os-with-windows/

Good Luck!