Data Recovery On Dead C720P

chilledstorm
chilledstorm Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi all,

My C720P will not turn on or charge. I have contacted support and the unit is still under warranty, so I will be sending it away to be repaired. But before I send it away I want to recover any data held locally... Can someone please advise on how I can do this?

Kind Regards,

Dean

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you used Google services, it's all on the cloud, so using another OS, you just need to  log-in on your Google account (gmail, drive etc etc) to find all your data.

if you just saved locally and you can't turn it on, the only way is to open the back, take out the M.2 SSD and connect it to another pc, hoping that can be accessible.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • chilledstorm
    Thanks IronFly, but If I open the back it will void the warranty. Ive been told i can contact a local data recovery centre to back up the data. So how would they be able to do this without voiding the warranty?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

as far as i know, the only way to do it is to access physically the M.2 SSD, so breaking the warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • chilledstorm
    Have now contacted Acer support to find out if I can have the data recovered without voiding the warranty.