Chromebook R11 adapter connector problem

Options
Caretaker
Caretaker Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi guys,

So I bought a Chromebook R11 in early June 2017. After 4 months of using, everything was smooth until one day my adapter stop charging and i realised the connector has completely fell apart. The chromebook was fine when i used another adapter to charge. 

Since my chromebook is still under warranty, can i have the adapter repaired or replaced ? If yes do I need to ship it along with my chromebook ?

Thanks.IMG_20170930_155032.jpg

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'll have to contact Acer support to get that anwered, but I'd guess that they'd attribute it to user damage and charge you for it. The chargers aren't too expensive so it might just be easier to buy a replacement.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

You'll have to contact Acer support to get that anwered, but I'd guess that they'd attribute it to user damage and charge you for it. The chargers aren't too expensive so it might just be easier to buy a replacement.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yeah, consider the shipping and repairing may cost me more than buying a replacement, I might just go get one myself.

Thanks guys