Chromebook C720P Touchscreen Dead Upon Screen Protector Installation

gilliankehler
gilliankehler Member Posts: 1 New User

I went to Best Buy and had them put a screen protector on my Chromebook C720P, which was working just fine prior. However although they guaranteed it was a touch-capable protector, I was unable to use the touchscreen feature at all when I got it home. I took it back in to Best Buy and they removed the screen protector as well as did a Powersweep reset of my Chromebook, but to no avail. The touchscreen is still completely unresponsive.

I am working on finding my receipt so I can send it in for a warranty, but was just wondering in the meantime if anybody knows why on earth this happened? Is this particular Chromebook not meant to have a screen protector applied? I just wanted to reduce the glare when sitting next to a window or outside.

Any advice is appreciated because both myself and Best Buy are totally stumped! They said they've never seen anything like this before... but that's their word (which I now take with a grain of salt haha!). Thanks in advance!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

I have heard of problems with the cable coming loose when the screen is flexed, if the digitizer cable is loose the touchscreen will not work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.