Chromebook 15 Cannot get to print with Epson Artisan 730

Options
Bob5
Bob5 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I got my Chrome book a couple of days ago and having problems getting it to cloud print.

The Printer i use is older but has a wireless connection that works correctly with my Kindle.

Everytime i try to print anything it just gives me a option to SAVE and that is it.

I even tried using the manual function but Chrome keeps telling me the printer is not registered.

It is a Epson Artisan 730.

I signed in on the same WIFi network with Chrome that i did with the printer.

I would appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

Thank you!

Bob5

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Th Epson Artisan 730 is shown as Cloud Print ready on Google's list. You do have to set it up to log into Google before it will actually work though. Note that this is separate from Android printing which is what the Kindle is doing. Check the Owners Manual for the printer to find the process for setting it up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Th Epson Artisan 730 is shown as Cloud Print ready on Google's list. You do have to set it up to log into Google before it will actually work though. Note that this is separate from Android printing which is what the Kindle is doing. Check the Owners Manual for the printer to find the process for setting it up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bob5
    Bob5 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Thank you for the info. 

Your information gave me the nudge to keep trying and i finally got the Chrome and my printer to talk and from there on the set up information made sense and i went from there.

Thanks alot- don't use a printer very much but i shouldn't have to power up my Kindle to print.