Chromebook 14 Network Connection Error

Options
Rustynail885
Rustynail885 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Just purchased Chromebook 14.   Seems like everything I try to do on the web ends up as a Network Connection error.  I get messages like "This page is insecure ("broken HTTPS") and "Your connection is not private", so it won't allow me to interact on the web.   

Do I need to change some settings or something?

Best Answer

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

If you really cannot get out on internet with it, then it seems as though you have Anti-virus or similar looking over your shoulder and blocking everything as a bad idea.

So if the settings to connect are there, then look to switch off things like Web-Safe or whatever, and try again.  Leaving the pure A/V running.  Update your browser at the first opportunity.

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

If you really cannot get out on internet with it, then it seems as though you have Anti-virus or similar looking over your shoulder and blocking everything as a bad idea.

So if the settings to connect are there, then look to switch off things like Web-Safe or whatever, and try again.  Leaving the pure A/V running.  Update your browser at the first opportunity.