Chromebook 11 CB3-131 battery questions

RILive
RILive Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I charged the battery completely upon receipt of device. It now shows after some use that it is 56% full. Is it ok to charge battery at this point or should I wait until it is lower as in 10%. Do these batteries have "memory" like they used to. I can't seem to find the type of battery in this device.  

Also, should the device be turned off or is just closing the lid ok. I guess closing the lid puts it in sleep mode which is less strain on the pc. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Mike13
    Mike13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

I don't think they have battery memory, was looking around saw this on the same model.

Answers

• Mike13
    Mike13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

I don't think they have battery memory, was looking around saw this on the same model.

• RILive
    RILive Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi Mike - thanks for that info. I did discover that these batteries do not have memory so the charging thing at any point is ok to do. I do find the charging/discharging info rather confusing however. I believe Acer says to fully discharge it periodically and then recharge. Other Chromebook forum people say not to do that but to run it on the AC all the time (Acer also says to do that but also says that it will negatively affect the battery) and others say not to do that but to run it periodically on the battery and then charge -- all sort of confusing. I have taken the latter route of keeping it plugged in for a few days then running it on the battery for a few days. 998 charges left out of the 1000 the experts say it has. ha ha ha